About The Organization
Saint Child (formerly known as House of Ruth) exists to meet the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of pregnant young women and their children by providing a safe nurturing community.We are a Community Model home that provides stable, secure and nurturing residential care for young women ages 14-24 and their infants. We are a trauma informed, strengths based program that utilizes a Positive Youth Development model.
We are honored to demonstrate the love of Jesus Christ while we serve young women regardless of their faith background. We believe that communities can provide security, belonging and healthy human relationships. We will model and teach respect, honesty, and nurturing in our community.
Every young woman in our community receives comprehensive services to help her prepare for the birth of her baby and plan for parenting or adoption.Young women enter the home at any point during their pregnancy and may stay up to a year after their baby is born.
How You Can Help
Volunteer Opportunities for Individuals
- Volunteer coordinator (recruit/manage/schedule volunteers and their activities)
- Event and fundraising support (banquet/ fundraising events, mailings)
- House coverage (day and overnights)
- Bible study leader
- Cooking or nutrition support
- Other: If you don't see your area of gifting listed, please let us know how you would like to help
Support Opportunities for Individuals
- Sponsor one resident’s stay at Saint Child with a monthly gift
- Provide professional expertise (legal, counseling, tutoring, building trades, automotive repair, event planning, marketing, public relations, IT support)
- Support opportunities for foundations provide matching grant(s) to increase giving at our annual banquet.
Volunteer Activities for Groups
- Facility renovation projects
- Spring cleaning days
- Seasonal outdoor yard work
- Interior decorating of a designated area (adopt a room)
- "Special activity" days for residents, to provide exposure to hobbies, arts and crafts or cultural experiences
Support Opportunities for Groups
- Arrange a special one-time offering at your church for this home-front mission
- Plan and execute a small fundraiser (baby-bottle coin drive, garage sale, car wash, etc.)
- Plan and execute a paper products, household cleaning supplies or canned food drive
Visit our website for volunteer training dates and application.
- 2850 SW Cedar Hills Blvd. PMB #55
Beaverton, OR 97005
- (503) 648-4227