New Avenues for Youth
About The Organization
New Avenues for Youth provides a variety of outcome-based programs and services designed to empower youth to exit street life and lead healthy, independent lives. The New Avenues model ensures that each youth has the opportunity to build life-skills, establish a stable living environment, and eventually become a self-sufficient adult.
New Avenues works cooperatively with other members of Portland’s Homeless Youth Continuum to review current systems and programs, and ensure the highest quality of services are being maintained and offered with minimal duplication. We are also part of the Oregon Homeless and Runaway Youth Coalition, a statewide alliance of runaway and homeless youth providers, and have been working with the coalition to identify and develop statewide best practices for serving this population.
How You Can Help
- Volunteer in direct service - be at least 23 years of age and commit at least two hours a week for six months to become a role model, serve meals, tutor students, provide job-training and mentor homeless youth.
- Volunteer in support service - commit at least two hours a week for six months to help out with clerical work, donation coordination, fundraising, etc.
- Organize a group and get involved with group and corporate volunteering.
- Get involved in monthly Saturday Meals in Day Service.
- The Joyce N. Furman Building
1220 SW Columbia Street
Portland, OR 97201
- 503-224-4339 or 1-800-995-7936