About The Organization
A private, non-profit child abuse intervention center, children are referred to the Center when there is a concern of sexual abuse, physical abuse, neglect, and emotional abuse. Every day brings requests from families for information and support, referrals from law enforcement and the Department of Human Services regarding children needing assessments, and community requests for child abuse prevention trainings.
The Children’s Center can provide same day medical examinations to children and youth at no cost to the patient. The Children’s Center can provide assessments to children and youth when there are concerns for:
- Sexual Abuse and Commercial Sexual Exploitation
- Physical Abuse
- Drug Endangerment
- Exposure to Violence
The Children’s Center also seeks to provide Community Education and Outreach to various members of the community. Our Community Outreach Specialist works to educate the public and raise awareness of child abuse and sexual exploitation. Targeted groups include Law Enforcement, Child Protective Services, schools, doctor’s offices and parents.
- Serve every Clackamas County child in need of an expert child abuse evaluation and support their families.
- Provide effective programs through sustainable and diverse funding, strong board leadership, community partnerships, expert staff, dedicated volunteers, and generous donors.
- Collaborate with other community organizations to support victims and families in healing, to educate the public, and to end child abuse and neglect in our region.
How You Can Help
* Make a donation to the Children's Center.
* Volunteer! Our volunteers serve in a variety of administrative roles including committee members, event support, advocates, and our Board of Directors. Visit our website to learn more and fill out an application.
* Call the Child Abuse Hotline if you suspect a child has been a victim of abuse 971.673.7112
* Call the Center for a tour, where you can learn more about opportunities to partner with us.
* Educate yourself about the warning signs of child abuse and knowing how to respond if you suspect a child is in danger. Learn more about our Stewards of Children Prevention Trainings on our website.
* Talk to family, friends, neighbors, colleagues, and people who work with youth about the Children's Center.
* Work with your local school district on an awareness drive including presentations and trainings on child abuse intervention and prevention by the Children's Center staff.
* Stay up-to-date with Children's Center news and events by liking us on Facebook.
- 1713 Penn Lane
Oregon City, OR 97045