Sexual Assault Resource Center
About The Organization
SARC’s mission is to promote social justice by eliminating sexual violence through advocacy, education, and support. Founded in 1977 by two sexual assault survivors, SARC seeks to provide immediate response and support to sexually assaulted survivors and empower them to heal and regain control of their lives
- 24 Hour support line: (503) 640-5311 or toll free at (188) 640-5311. Volunteers man the line to offer immediate care and support to callers/survivors of ALL forms of sexual violence.
- Comprehensive case management: special focus on helping English speaking Latinas in a culturally sensitive manner, and helping sexually exploited children.
- Free mental health care: clinic offers long term services.
- Support groups: for care and support further down the line; groups are ongoing.
- Nine week prevention curriculum focused on sexual assault prevention(for high school ages)
- Seven week prevention curriculum focused on preventing the sexual exploitation of children (for middle school ages)
How You Can Help
- Volunteer to man a support line that provides crisis counseling, information, referrals and resources.
- Deliver education through their prevention program to high school and middle school students.
- Inform and assist Latina survivors as they move through the social, criminal and civil system.
- Man tables and booths at fairs, colleges, community events.
- Annual fundraising help each fall.
- Help with office support.
- Make financial donations.
- And much more!
- 4900 SW Griffith Dr. Suite 100
Beaverton, OR 97005
- Office: (503) 626-9100 Help line: (503) 640-5311