Adorned in Grace
About The Organization
Adorned in Grace Bridal and Formalwear raises awareness and provides funds for the prevention of human trafficking and support for victims.
Through the Adorned in Grace Bridal and Formalwear Shop in the Fred Meyer Raleigh Hills complex and Gresham locations, sales associates and facilities caregivers create a non-threatening environment where customers prepare for the special occasions in their lives while giving the gift of hope to women and children they may have never met.
Through the Adorned in Grace Design Studio Outreach to At-Risk Girls in SE Portland, donated gowns and accessories are used to connect with vulnerable girls in low-income, high crime neighborhoods through design workshops. Designers, seamstresses and mentors come alongside the girls to envision and re-create the prom dress of their dreams, a one-of-a-kind purse, unique vest or a special gift they can give away. Our desire is to build personal, healthy, love-of-God connections while teaching valuable life skills, so that they never have to experience the devastation of trafficking.
Sustainability is a happy side-benefit that exquisitely aligns with Portland’s signature environmental ethic. Every item that moves through the ministry is one that is finding a second life outside of the closet or the landfill, “liberated” for re-use, often on the happiest day of its new owner’s life.
Adorned in Grace exists under the guidance and the 501(c)3 status of Compassion Connect, Inc., an organization that brings together churches to transform their communities.
How You Can Help
- Volunteer as a sales associate, facilities caregiver or promotional representative at one of the Bridal Shop locations
- Teach sewing, craft, cooking or other life skills at design studio workshops
- Train to mentor at-risk girls
- Create reproducible designs from donated silks, satins and jewelry to inspire young girls to think outside the obvious
- Donate bridal, formalwear, purses, jewelry and accessories